Thursday, April 19, 2012

Food with Fashion hand in hand:

AND HOW MY LIFE REVOLVES AROUND BEAUTY THAT INSPIRES ME.

Yes it was mid week and I bake...usually then and for the weekend, we all need the smell of baking in the house.

On Sunday, we tasted the most delicious recipe from My French Country home Blog by Sharon (visit here) and my first time to make individual fruit crumbles! Ok, I never made any crumble before ever...and these are very tasty, thank you Sharon! I used walnuts instead of her recommended almonds, but that is because I had none...it worked too!

Which brings me to say...today I made this also delicious walnut pound cake and having been re-working the recipe over a year now to make it perfect for my cook book(: it pleases me to say that it will be there for sure.

Afternoon tea anyone??

THESE 30 YEARS OLD PORCELAIN PLATES (part of a serving set) from my Mom, INSPIRE ME TO REFLECT ON AND RESPECT THE OLD TRADITIONS AND SKILLS IN MY HOME COUNTRY.

This adorable antique crystal tray is from my friend's shop "Honey B's" (visit HERE) and it is just perfect for my creations fresh from the oven...INSPIRES ME TO MAKE TASTY BAKES.

After my little helper tired out from lifting heavy shopping for mama, and talked to the rain outside, he was ready for his plate of a walnut cake! So proud of him...

MY SON INSPIRES ME TO BE BETTER...in every way.

AND ONTO CHANEL WE GO right from the so very enjoyed cake:

CHANEL ALWAYS INSPIRES ME WITH BEAUTY AND CREATIVITY, ARTFUL EXPRESSION & MUCH MORE...

Now who said that fashion and food are not still together? I am certain they did not separate yet...Karl is too...far from recreating these images but in my head ...when I wake up and all day, these and others like them are on my horizon and ahead of me so I can chase them happily at all times((:

All 3 above images are from Chanel Metiers d'Art fashion show 2011/2012 (HERE)

GWYNETH!

Just so basic and simple and yet so lovely and elegant, isn't she?

Maybe I can't wear mini skirts, but sure can wear a MINI apron! Sexy in the kitchen(: I am on it...

Beauty ... her and the captivating moment of enjoyment of life!

Beauty and peacefulness again...

GWYNETH is an INSPIRATION to me WITH HER COOK BOOK & fashionable TIMELESS ELEGANCE!

Must mention her spring trends recommendations on her website right here: on GOOP

I leave you with the temptation of my walnut cake and hope you have a great rest of the week,

hugs Zaneta

2 comments:

  1. HI Zaneta

    Thank you! I am beyond honoured to be quoted in the same post as Gywneth!
    Lovely blog,
    best wishes
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion and food: that is one of the best combos!! And this post was AMAZING! I loved the Chanel pics! And your cake looks yum! Enjoy it all and have a relaxing weekend!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete