Feel sexy, look sexy and drink sexy as our 4 year old boy has learnt to say about everything ... Sexy is the word we use daily now! Kinda loving it.
Either way, try this Avocado smoothie above by Julie Daniluk or better yet my version of it...!
1 inch English cucumber
1/2 ripe mango (sweet)
1/2 lime squeezed
1/2 cup rich coconut milk
1 scoop of organic whey protein powder or 1 tsp spirulina
1 1/2 cup natural coconut water or more (add as needed during blending)
10 to 15 ice cubes
Optional: a few mint leaves
ALL in the vitamix blender...
Personaly, I enjoy the protein powder or spirulina as they give me fantastic benefits and it also can replace a meal (i.e. In my case during breast feeding perhaps in addition to a meal..... Like the oooh so wonderful schnitzel with potatoe pancakes ...) and all that while reducing body inflamation and creating collagen and muscle growth ... so very needed when you turn 30 .... Smiles!
And if drinking your food just is not the best on any given day, our family summer favorite has become the Japanese OKONOMIYAKI (great easy summer eat) and here is how I make it or try some other online versions:
1. Fry (in medium frying pan) what ever you have: onions, peppers, zucchini and mushroom (some of my favs) in canola oil (make sure onions are fried golden before you add other vegetables);
2. Optional: add diced leftover roasted chicken or BBQ steak or shrimp, sausage or just any meat you have or like;
I used chicken leftovers!
2. Prepare pancake-like dough: 4 eggs, water (1 cup), some all purpose flour and some whole wheat flour (2:1 ratio) (total 1 3/4 cups) and whisk well, adding water or flour until thick but runny batter is ready:
Get a skilled helper!
3. Add all fried ingredients into the batter;
4. Add 2 cups of green cabbage (finely chopped);
5. Return to the non-stick frying pan with enough canola oil heated;
6. Flip after 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat, I do it simply by tossing into another pan!
Result: thick rich pancake, and serve with mayo or mustard...and OKONOMIYAKI sauce.
Eating it on a terrace outside is the extra bonus in summer.
Then .... Go have fun with kids or enjoy Bryan Adams concert during the infamous Stampede!
Another Armani boy is here...
Real boy this one I tell you....
My 2 little cowboys!
Adam's comment was: "I have never played to so many hats before LOL"
Hope your summer is going great too!