Sunday, April 22, 2012

French, English or Tuscan house?

As you may know, I love browsing in the Ipad application "the house of the day" by Wall street journal ... I am always on the Europe and US houses mainly, often pondering upon the differences when it comes to French, English and Italian (Tuscan) country styles... here are my latest finds and the enjoyment of comparing them...let me know what you like and think, I am curious to hear how you see things and details and what drives your creativity! Thank you for all your comments and kind interest to join me in my blog(:

Happy Sunday afternoon! hugs Zaneta

By the way: here is how the order will be for every room or comparison:
1. French
2. English
3. Tuscan/ Italian

EXTERIORS:

This French Chateau is lovely, taking a stroll here would be just a "heaven on earth" type of experience.

English Georgian country home ... I can feel the air and beautiful forests ... hunting time ((:

OK Tuscany is also the place of my dreams and amazing style. The beautiful facade and doors! How about those barrels for flower pots!

STAIRS and main HALLWAYS:

It seems very warm and colourful in this FRENCH Chateau entry hall. This kind of interior gave me the idea of having some warm yellow walls in our house too! Often there is chandelier in French hallways, but also lanterns would be a choice...What I have my eyes glued on...is the oversized armoire!

Here is what I would wear "Chanel boho dress" in a French Chateau in my dreams...very important, interior with good style in fashion..always on my mind(: and voila I connect the two. Wouldn't such outfit look amazing in the hallway above?

2 images for ENGLISH hall ways/ stairs. Yes we see the lanterns...but it is so different from French hall ways, isn't it? And it is very proper and quite lovely.

TUSCANY, a bit more dramatic, with millwork and cool stone staircase and don't you just love those blue-green vases!

Dramatic hallway, dramatic Gucci to wear!

LIVING / FAMILY SITTING ROOMS:

Here is the FRENCH way to do it...

And now the ENGLISH like it differently! I see often that Georgian or Victorian English homes use heavier curtain styles and canopy...compare to French or Italian...

Italian TUSCANY: one word from me: they know what is sexy! In fashion or interior, they are just that.

KITCHENS:

FRENCH La Cornue kitchen, the owners of the chateau renovated a huge deal of the place and they chose the "best" kitchen! Leaving me speechless...

But I have a few things to say anyway((: as here is the link to where to find them, my dream stoves and ovens straight from France: La Cornue

I don't get a sale's commission incase you are wondering(: I just adore La Cornue and it is my dream stove...one day...it is great to have dreams! Things and moments to look forward to...HERE is some of my web finds:

The colours they offer are so unique and amazing that I would not even know which one to choose, I love them all currently!

ok, I continue with the English house...now...as promised.

ENGLISH kitchens, the country style is more simple perhaps, cute.

TUSCAN kitchen here is from sources unknown on the internet as the Wall street J. did not publish a kitchen from the Tuscan home I am showing here...but you get the idea(:

DINING ROOMS:

FRENCH dining room from a different villa.

This look would be just lovely and soft by Chanel, where this French villa has a nice pool outside to enjoy, so this revealing look would be ideal(:

ENGLISH dining.

And Alexander McQueen would be the perfect look to wear here in this dining room.

Christina Rottman's TUSCAN dining room brings a very strong masculine and dark wood, just beautiful.

TUSCAN villa dining room from WSJ house of the day.

An outfit by Dolce & Gabbana that brightens up any dark furniture and mood would be perfect...

Please let me hear your views on comparing these styles ...visiting these homes for sale on WSJ house of the day gives me the opportunity to foreign house hunting whilst sipping my Sunday afternoon coffee(:
Can't wait to hear from you and your tips! ciao Z




HERE IS an eye candy: MY NEW FAVOURITE ENGLISH VICTORIAN HOUSE FOR SALE:
some facts: built 1845, 13 bedrooms, fully renovated with central heating system, England Cornwall, for $3,2 million!

How divine?!
Ok now that is really it for today! My coffee break is over (:
Now looking at all this what I selected today, I do perhaps like the simpler less filled with stuff rooms and styles ...you?

No comments:

Post a Comment