Friday, March 30, 2012

Tina's Carbonara with Spinach Spaghetti

Hello and happy pre-Easter Weekend to you all!

First, and finally we have a bit of spring weather and warmth in Calgary too, and my son helped me buy some lovely pink and yellow Tulips and pussy willows to SPRING UP our home(:




On another, tasty note, a recipe posted by TINA on her famous and fabulous blog: "THE ENCHANTED HOME" inspired me to whip up this delicious Carbonara today with a few little changes. BUT what I love about Tina's recipe is the fact that she completely skipped using any cream in it and yes, that would not work in ROME as this recipe calls for a creamy sauce, yet I think her idea is very fresh and new, lighter and sometimes WE JUST don't feel like eating a cream sauce again...

So I did it, no cream and my husband loved it...I devoured it! Spoon and fork...hand in hand...here we go...



Here is how I made it:

1. Fry about 1 1/2 cup chopped double smoked (polish) BACON with a little bit of OLIVE OIL. You may add 2 cloves of peeled and minced garlic at this point and fry with the bacon but I did not do that this time...just was not a good time for garlic if you know what I mean ((:




2. Add 250g of SPINACH PASTA cooked ahead of time ... (this is how: slightly al dente, cook with a bit of oil in the cooking water so that the pasta wouldn't stick together, drain and rinse in cold water and let it sit in the sieve for a little bit).
Fry until some pasta is a bit crispy but not too much and not all ((:



3. Mix well 2 EGGS with 1 cup of PARMIGIANO CHEESE until completely blended.



4. Add the mixture to the pan and start stiring it around.





5. Easy right? Just add lots of FLAT LEAF PARSLEY chopped very fine and blend it in the pasta well frying a bit longer (I use one big bunch of it) and the little extra cooking flavours the whole dish after parsley just a bit more than sprinkling it up top when you are done cooking.
Add SALT and PEPPER to taste and voila!



Hope you have a lovely weekend, please let me know if you enjoyed cooking with me!
CIAO Zaneta



No comments:

Post a Comment