Hello Everyone, it has been a while and I am sorry, but pregnancy symptoms have left me with all day nausea and little bloging creativity to speak off.
Not so long ago we got a new painting by Tivadar Bote for our family room or living room ...what ever you may fancy to call it. We don't have two living rooms as is often common in North America, because I find we would not use them...we have a basement family room hang out with a big movie screen etc. And a lovely front room office with a sofa and deco desk to enjoy adult creative time or a coffee with a girlfriend without kids but that is all...works well.
So here it is, I LOVE the painting and the colours and the feeling it brings me! Energy and relaxation together, plus Italian vibe. What more is there one needs when I sit down to read or have a drink?
This BEAUTY comes from the artist's Italia Series, called: Portorose.
We have also been enjoying some fabulous Czech cooking at home, as my son is requesting that type of food and I am in heaven to satisfy his every craving...well, we all love it!
Here is a simple potato pancake recipe and a dish we made last week for dinner:
1. Peel and finely grate potatoes (8 large), yellow flesh, not the horrible starchy ones please!
2. Add 1/2 tbsp salt, some pepper, and marjoram (mash it in your palm beforehand) and 1 whole egg.
3. Add 4 tbsp of all purpose flower and mix well with a spatula.
4. Heat up canola oil (1/2 cup to a cup for all the panckakes)
5. Place the potatoe mixture with a spoon and flatten it and fry on both sides for about 3 to 5 minutes each.
We ate it with fresh spinach and chicken breasts with thyme.
And since we just got a load of snow in Calgary this morning, it is only good to eat some heavier fried foods!
...view from our bedroom this morning...